- Surveillance and religion panel – a proposal for EUROPEAN ACADEMY OF RELIGION ANNUAL CONFERENCE
- Borders, benefits, and biomedicine: surveillance and social justice.
- Special Issue of ‘Surveillance & Society’ on Religion
- Religions Consuming Surveillance – Public Lecture
- Religions Consuming Surveillance
Category Archives: police
The biblical story of Christ’s birth is replete with surveillance. Mary and Joseph make their way to Bethlehem to fulfil the requirements of a census (no mere counting exercise but one riven with political dimensions). Shepherds are keeping surveillance over … Continue reading
A number of British police forces are rolling out body-worn video (BMV). Officers are able to record audio and video of their interactions with the public, providing what many consider to be valuable additional evidence to corroborate police statements in … Continue reading