- CfP Surveillance & Religion Panel, EuARe Bologna, March 2019
- What is practical theology?
- Surveillance and religion panel – a proposal for EUROPEAN ACADEMY OF RELIGION ANNUAL CONFERENCE
- Borders, benefits, and biomedicine: surveillance and social justice.
- Special Issue of ‘Surveillance & Society’ on Religion
Category Archives: surveillance
The 2013 Web Index has just been published and amongst its various conclusions it finds that whilst developing countries are most likely to block or filter the web, developed countries are more likely to spy on online communications. Whilst the … Continue reading
A number of British police forces are rolling out body-worn video (BMV). Officers are able to record audio and video of their interactions with the public, providing what many consider to be valuable additional evidence to corroborate police statements in … Continue reading
Edinburgh taxi drivers are campaigning to be permitted to install CCTV in the back seats of their cabs. The Evening News gives a lot of space to the taxi drivers’ association and support form a number of city cab firms. The … Continue reading
Tesco have announced the roll-out of “OptimEyes”, a detection system at forecourts that presents advertisements tailored to the customers in the queue. The Guardian ran a piece the other day seeking to quell the “needless surveillance panic” that the Tesco announcement … Continue reading