The call for papers for this special issue on surveillance and religion is now open.
Submission deadline is 1 August 2017 for publication in early 2018, more details here.
The issue will be guest edited by Eric Stoddart (St Andrews, Scotland) and Susanne Wigorts Yngvesson (Stockholm, Sweden). Possible research areas might include (but are not limited to):
· Religions under surveillance.
· Religious practice and identity as surveillance.
· Religions consuming surveillance.
· Religious ethics and surveillance.
· Religion and surveillance in films.
· Religion and surveillance in novels.
· Religion and surveillance in art.
· Religion in the political discourses of surveillance.
This special issue will be one of the outputs of the AHRC funding of the Surveillance and Religion Network in 2016 and 2017.